Step 1 – Online application
The online application form must be submitted to Riga Technical University. You’ll have to create an account to complete the online application. You may complete it in multiple sessions.
You will also have to submit:
- A Motivation Letter – highlighting why you would like to attend the chosen programme and explaining your future academic and career goals;
- CV – detailing your educational background and professional experience, if applicable.
Once you have filled in your personal data and inserted the motivational statement will be needing the following documents:
- Copies of passport identification pages;
- Your previous education document copies or the most recent transcripts if final scores are not yet available (official final certificates and transcripts are required) . Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity;
- Proof of English certificate or other acceptable information, according to the set language requirements by the Riga Technical University.
PS! Before hitting the final SUBMIT button, please review your application and attachments for accuracy one last time. If you have submitted all required information and you are eligible to apply for programme you will be issued Conditional Acceptance letter.
Step 2 – Application fee
To proceed with further examination application fee shall be paid.
Application fee is EUR 150 (non-refundable) per student. Online application will be processed only after application fee received. Applicant will/has received an invoice with the needed details to make an international money transfer via bank when creating online application.
For better service, candidates are requested to upload receipt of application fee payment to the online application system.
NOTE: Candidate pays all bank commission fees for international transfer.
Online payment option available. In order to proceed with online payment please visit: apps.rtu.lv/payments/mm/user/foreign
Some banking details are displayed in Latvian language therefore we have prepared user manual which is available upon request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one.
Step 3 – Final application examination
Once the first 2 steps have been fulfilled an invitation to complete Video interview will be sent via online application system within 3 working days.
Also a request to do online entrance examinations are sent out if applicable.
After receiving all required documents the university sends those to ENIC/NARIC Center for evaluation. The ENIC/NARIC Center evaluates foreign qualifications. This process may take time up to 1 month. Several cases may take longer.
Results on admission are informed after all the above steps of application process have been done.
Final admission decision is usually announced on average within 3 weeks time.