Riga Technical University (RTU), in solidarity with the Ukrainian academic community, offers support to PhD students at partner universities and invites them to continue their research work at RTU that was interrupted by the war in Ukraine. On Wednesday, February 24, RTU sent such an invitation to all its partner universities in Ukraine, as well as to the Embassy of Ukraine in Latvia.
«Russia has started the war in Ukraine today. RTU is in solidarity with the Ukrainian people and is ready to support its partner universities in Ukraine by providing funding for Ukrainian PhD students to conduct their doctoral research at RTU and to continue their research work despite Russian aggression in Ukraine. In this difficult time, we are with you,» stated in the letter signed by RTU Rector Leonīds Ribickis.
RTU is convinced that such a step will not only support young scientists, but also strengthen Latvian–Ukrainian cooperation in education and science.
Interested parties should contact RTU by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.
RTU has historically had close scientific and academic ties with many Ukrainian universities. RTU cooperates with 13 Ukrainian higher education institutions:
- Odessa National A. S. Popov Academy of Telecommunications (ONAT);
- Chernihiv National University of Technology;
- Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University;
- Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University;
- Kryvyi Rih National University Lviv;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- The National Pirogov Memorial Medical University;
- National Aviation University;
- National Aerospace University Kharkiv Aviation Institute;
- Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies;
- Prydniprovs’ka State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture;
- Sumy State University;
- National Technical University of Ukraine.
On 27 January 2022, RTU signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Chernihiv National University of Technology in Ukraine, expressing its commitment to developing cooperation between the two universities in education and science.