Leave No One Behind: B+NESDG: Bhutan + Nepal Higher Education for Accomplishing the Sustainable Development Goals
The International Projects Unit (IPU) of the International Cooperation and Foreign Students Department (ICFSD), RTU, has started implementing a new Erasmus+ capacity building project with partner universities from Spain, Greece, Nepal and Bhutan – B+NESDG. The aim of the project is to apply the Principles of Sustainable Development in two developing countries (Nepal and Bhutan) through:
1) Creating “integral institutions” that foment sustainability, inclusion and social responsibility in every part of the institutions.
2) Integrating education in Sustainable Development into Institutions of Higher Education using a quality-based, inclusive and equitable approach
3) Modernizing the current pedagogical framework to instill in students the knowledge, capabilities, values and attitudes necessary to become responsible citizens
4) Developing extended capabilities through training of the entire university community
5) Generating a new, flexible curricular framework through non-perspective nature of its content.
The activities and trainings foreseen in the B+NESDG project are centered on the Education, having as the main objective inclusion of sustainability principles within all aspects of institutional operations. In that way the project aims to strengthen the capacity of the higher education institutions from Bhutan and Nepal involved in the project (Royal University of Bhutan (RUB); Nepal Engineering College (NEC); Sagarmatha Engineering College (SEC); Kathmandu University (KU); Pokhara University (PU); Far-western University (FU) to support the process of achieving sustainable development goals (SDGs) on a national level.
The project is coordinated by Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena (Spain) – one of RTU’s partner universities within the European University of Technology (EUt+) initiative.
For more information about the project, please contact the International Projects Unit of RTU: Agnieszka Maj (Agnieszka-Kamila.Maj@rtu.lv)