RTU Rector’s Order on Study Process in 2020/2021
On August 5th RTU Rector issued an order “Organization of Working Processes” defining the institutional activities till 13 September, 2020 as well as the implementation of the new autumn semester of the study year 2020/2021. Find the translation of clauses applicable to RTU international students in the article below. Note that within next week, all RTU international full-time students will receive an email from their academic advisor with the guidelines of registration process for the Autumn semester 2020 along with the information on other relevant study life organizational matters.
Organization of Working Processes
- Based on the Articles 4-8 of the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations of June 9, 2020 No. 360 (Protocol No. 42 § 32) “Measures of epidemiological safety to limit the spread of COVID-19 infection.” point III. Chapter, 06/05/2020. Articles 1 and 2 of the Law on the Control of the Spread of Covid-19 Infection Law, recommendations of the Ministry of Education and Science to higher education institutions and colleges to implement precautions to limit the spread of Covid-19 infection in order to reduce the risk to the health of students, employees and visitors’ risk, I define:
- Allow the implementation of the scientific and educational process on campus, observing the basic principles of ensuring measures of epidemiological safety (information, distancing, hygiene, monitoring personal health) and the requirements arising from this.
- While implementing scientific and educational processes as well as full-time work, ensure the safety of students, staff and visitors in accordance with the established requirements and recommendations for epidemiological safety, including the distance between people 2 meters, at least 15 minutes between two events in the same room, during which the room must be ventilated, and the surface must be treated with a disinfectant. The presence of persons with signs of respiratory infectious diseases is not allowed in the institution.
Organization of Study Process till 13 September 2020
- In classes (lectures, practical, laboratory, etc.), where students of one group or one course participate, it is advisable to maintain a distance of 2 meters between students; if this distance cannot be observed, it is not necessary.
- Keep a distance of 2 meters between students in exams, tests and other exams.
- In each and every case of the educational process (lecture, practical lesson, laboratory work, exam, consultation, defense, etc.), the teacher must register students’ attendance.
The Use of Work Premises
- RTU premises must have visible signs indicating a distance of 2 meters and there must be a brief description of the security measures on the doors of each room.
International Cooperation and Foreign Students Department shall organize and ensure the execution and explanation of this order to foreign students, including appropriate action towards the following:
- Organization of on-campus lectures for international students. For students who are not able to come to the study place/ on campus lectures due to the epidemiological situation, provide online studies according to the study plan until the moment the student will have the opportunity to come to the study place in person. The directors of the respective programs are assigned for the implementation of the study plan accordingly.
- No later than two weeks before the beginning of the academic year2020/2021 inform students about the need to follow all Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC) instructions regarding entry from countries from which students arrived and / or crossed the border on their way to study at RTU, including the conditions of self-isolation.
- To ensure the possibility of self-isolation and the fulfilment of conditions for those students who need it.
- All expenses related to medical examinations, analyzes in relation to Covid-19 are covered by students;
- Register the time and place of arrival of international students entering Latvia; inform students and, in particular, emphasize that for violation (failure to comply) with the regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia or the provisions of this order, students shall be expelled from their studies, and their temporary residence permit or visa shall be cancelled.